Thursday, October 29, 2015

Sick

Poor Connor.  He spent most of yesterday not feeling well.  I got the call from daycare around 9:40 and told them I’d head out at 10:00.  Of course someone needed my help so it was 10:20 before I left and I felt terrible for making him hang out that much longer without me.

Luckily, he was laying on his nap mat, kinda dozing, so he wasn’t outright miserable.  We went to Lowes real quick for the fruit cups for his snack o’lanterns (see the Instagram pic over there on the right) then on the one-mile drive home, Connor’s eyes were closing so as soon as we walked in the door, I put him in his crib for a nap.  He slept for 2.5 hours and woke up in a pretty good mood.  For a sick kid running a fever, he seemed pretty normal.

Connor ate a good snack, we played, and we even went outside for a bit.  He ate a decent dinner then we took Monte on a walk and that was pretty much all Connor had in him.  He was still running his fever so I changed him and put him to bed just before 7:00.  Fingers crossed that he sleeps great, which will hopefully fast-track his recovery from whatever bug has bitten him.

Other than a mild cold or two, Connor’s never been sick for real.  He’s almost 21 months old and this is the first time I’ve had to leave work early/not go to work because of how he was feeling.  I’d say that’s a pretty good track record. 

And thank goodness because that sick kid is terrible for this mom’s heart.

No comments: