Monday, December 15, 2014

{Recipe Recap} Heath Bar Cheesecake Bars

Our Women’s Night on Friday was seasonal: we did a treat exchange and played Dirty Santa.  Now don’t let your mind wander to the gutter, there were no sexy elves or half-dressed old men.  Just me and a few other neighbor ladies enjoying some mulled wine, snacks, and $10-and-under gifts.  I ended up with two infinity scarves, and I was glad no one stole them from me.

DSC_3406

But back to the food. I mean, it is Monday after all, and I know you guys could use a little something to take the bitter taste of the work week out of your mouth.  Not me though; I have today off because I have some vacation time left and my company has a use-it-or-lose-it policy.  I plan to be equal parts productive and (couch) potato.

DSC_3410

Okay, the food for real.  I am not always a huge fan of cheesecake because while rich, it’s often not sweet enough for me.  These bars weren’t quite as sweet as I’d prefer, but with the sweetened condensed milk in the filling, they worked for me.

DSC_3416

It’d be hard for me not to like something that has toffee and chocolate in AND on it.

DSC_3411

The crust is one that I hate to make.  Flour, powdered sugar, cocoa and then that cold butter that has to be cut in to make the other stuff stick together.  I had to use at least another half-stick of butter to have enough for my dough so if you make these, keep in mind that you might need more butter.

DSC_3413

I like cheesecake bars for how many servings you get plus the cheesecake isn’t so thick that each bar is super rich.  Plus there’s no water bath or leaving the oven door open at the end of the baking time and you don’t have to worry about a crack down the middle.

DSC_3408

My little Hallmark snowpeople give these bars two mitts up!

DSC_3419

Okay, you guys don’t work too hard today!  Wish I could say that I won’t be, but I will be busy around the house and then I get to go to a class at the Y tonight.

{Recipe here}

No comments: