Friday, December 12, 2014

Just like the old days

So last night I went from work straight to the Y.  I didn’t take the Thursday-night muscle class that I used to; instead, I gathered my magazine and my iPod and I headed upstairs for some “alone” time on a couple machines.

It.was.perfect.

I’m a little under the weather with a cold (Thanks, Connor!), but I mustered the energy to ride the elliptical machine and do some running and hill intervals on the treadmill.  I felt great when I was done.  I was still tired, but I had more energy and felt like I could actually DO something with my evening.  Good thing because I had to bake some cheesecake bars for Women’s Night when I got home.

See, just like how things used to be: the Y, home for a quick dinner, some baking, a shower, then TV and blogging.  I know I can’t do that every night like I used to, but once a week for now is a good balance.

Speaking of balance, did you guys see me riding a bike in my den?  We borrowed a bike trainer from the McHusband’s coworker and I finally pulled it out Wednesday night.  I wasn’t sure if I was going to just suffer through my workout or if I was going to like it but guess what?  I enjoyed it! 

My plan is to use the bike a couple of times a week and get to the Y at least two, but preferably three, times a week: once right after work, once after I pick Connor up and get him started on his bedtime routine, and then Saturday morning.

There’s hope that by Connor’s first birthday, I could be in decent shape!  And more importantly, I would just feel like I had figured out this working, exercising, socializing, to-do-list-completing mom thing.

I have Women’s Night tonight and the McHusband has dinner with a friend.  No social plans tomorrow so maybe I’ll get started on my wrapping.  My tree would be much happier with some presents under it.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

PS  Happy, happy birthday to my mom today!  Hope it’s a great one, Mom!

PPS  This post had two pictures, but it wouldn’t publish with them in there.  Not sure why, but I was too tired to try to fix it.  Sorry for all the words.

No comments: