Friday, September 12, 2014

The other bookend

Monday’s post followed by three days of silence and finally a post today.  I didn’t mean to take a break, but I was just really busy this week.  There aren’t enough hours in the day for a full-time job, taking care of a baby and the animals, exercising, cleaning up, getting ready for the next day, and trying to have a little downtime before a halfway-decent-but-often-still-too-late bedtime.  My alarm goes off at 5:15 so I generally get 6.5 hours of sleep on a good night.

On Wednesday, I was able to bake a cake AND exercise.  The cake had to bake for almost an hour so it worked out great for me to put it in the oven and go for a run.  That worked out really well; for a short time, I felt like I could do it all.

{By the way, the cake turned out great.  The McHusband couldn’t stop eating it.  I didn’t put any shredded coconut in it, and I added a glaze made from unsweetened coconut milk, powdered sugar, and some coconut extract.}

20140911_080308

Also on Wednesday, Connor and I practiced his sitting before his bath, and I think he has the hang of it!

20140910_175050

He and the McHusband practiced again on Thursday when I was at the Y leading a group workout with some of my bootcamp buddies.  Go, Connor, go!

3473

Let’s talk about the weekend.  I’m kicking it off with a 5k on Saturday morning with two friends from the Y.  It’ll be nice to spend time with them outside the Y even if we are still sweating.  The best part?  We’re going to get brunch afterward. Smile 

The other big thing on the agenda this weekend?  Connor’s seven-month pictures.  I know, it seems like just two weeks ago that he turned six months old.  Oh, wait, that’s just because I was so late in posting his update.  I will try to be more timely this month.

I hope you all have had a great week!  TGIF!

PS  Happy early birthday to Leah!  She turns 4 tomorrow.  Have a wonderful birthday, sweet girl!

No comments: