Tuesday, August 19, 2014

{Recipe Recap} Funfetti Cookie Dough Truffle Bars

I’m messing with your week by posting something sweet on a Tuesday, but today’s my first day back to work because I had yesterday off after we traveled over the weekend.  You guys may not still need your spoonful of sugar, but I do.

DSC_2196

These cookie dough bars were for Sara’s birthday.  She chose three treats and let me narrow those down, and I think our partnership paid off because these were delicious.

DSC_2198

If you like licking the beaters when you’re making a cake, or you make sure to save a scoop’s worth of dough when you’re filling cookie sheets, these bars are for you.

DSC_2194

For the truffle layer, I used a mixture of the Lindt Sweet Dark chocolate and milk chocolate chips.  The cookie dough is very sweet so I thought having a not-as-sweet truffle layer would be a good contrast. 

DSC_2197

Guess what?  I was right.

DSC_2195

These bars would also make an excellent “filling” between cake layers, and they’d be great spread atop a batch of brownies.  If you want to put in a little more work, you could roll them up and dip them in chocolate.

DSC_2193

I wouldn’t recommend you take these anywhere that they’ll sit out in a warm environment, but if you can keep these chilled before serving, they’ll hold up just fine and go over very well.

DSC_2199

Thanks for picking these out, Sara!

{Recipe here}

1 comment:

Sara said...

VERY delicious! Thank you again for baking for my birthday. :-)