Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Scenes from Thanksgiving (day)

We didn’t take nearly as many pictures as we normally do, but I’m thinking you guys might not want to be overloaded with the WHOLE long weekend at once so I’ll spread the holiday recap out over a couple of days.  Know what I only took ONE picture of and you’ve already seen it over there in the Instagram feed?  Food.  Pretty ironic considering a successful Thanksgiving relies pretty heavily on what you eat.

Jenny and I wanted to burn off some of dinner ahead of time so we went for a run just before lunch.  I hadn’t jogged any distance in quite a while so I wasn’t sure how I’d feel, but I surprised myself and ran probably 30 of the 35 minutes we were out.

DSC_8416

I felt good the whole time and even afterward.  But by the time we were relaxing after dinner, my lower back was really bothering me.  I couldn’t get comfortable sitting on the couch or in a chair or on the floor, where Monte joined me.

Luckily my back felt better after a good night’s sleep.

But back to Thursday afternoon.  While Jenny and I were out creating a caloric deficit (yeah right!), Leah, Grammie, and Monte were playing Memory.

DSC_8421

Looks like Chase joined them at one point, too.

DSC_8429

When the game was over, Monte and Morgan went out onto the sun porch to snooze in the sun.

DSC_8444

DSC_8445

It wasn’t long before Monte decided he needed to be within cuddling range of Morgan.  Lucky Morgan.

DSC_8450

DSC_8452

DSC_8462

It’s tradition for us to have “Sacks on the Table” after dinner.  The McMom gives us all an ornament (or two and sometimes another little gift like this year’s Christmas hand towels and a onesie).

DSC_8466

Chase was happy to open his Scooby ornament…

DSC_8469

…but he was, uh, less than thrilled with the Christmas tree Grammie made for Leah’s dollhouse.

DSC_8473

There was one more package opened that night, but I need to check with Jenny before I spill any beans.

The McMom requested some family pictures so we posed for her.

Jenny and me first.

DSC_8495

Then everyone piles in.

DSC_8498

Later that night, Monte didn’t suffer from a lack of cuddling.

DSC_8503

DSC_8507

DSC_8508

I’ll be back with Friday’s pictures, hopefully before THIS Friday.

No comments: