Friday, August 10, 2012

{Recipe Recap} Pretzel M&M Oatmeal Cookies

I made these cookies on a Thursday a couple weeks ago.  I thought the McHusband was going to play poker the next night, and he couldn’t arrive without something sweet to share.

DSC_1151

Confession: I don’t like making cookies during the week.  They take too long overall, but there’s not enough time while each batch bakes for me to do anything productive like walk the dogs or take a shower.

DSC_1146

I really liked how loaded these cookies were with the oats and the pretzel M&Ms, and the brown butter kicked things up a notch.

DSC_1147

Oatmeal cookies aren’t generally the prettiest cookie, but these were quite colorful thanks to the M&M shells.

DSC_1159

DSC_1156

These cookies had a great texture – a little crispy, a little chewy, but not gummy like some oatmeal cookies can be.

DSC_1162

This recipe is a great base so if you have everything you need to make them except the M&Ms, but you have chocolate (or butterscotch or peanut butter) chips hanging out in your pantry, I say go ahead and mix up a batch of these cookies.

DSC_1160

But do it on Saturday afternoon when you can multi-task efficiently by putzing around the house close to your oven timer.

DSC_1155

TGIF!!!  I have another dinner with friends to look forward to tonight (we’re trying a new restaurant called Enrigo’s) then a sixteen-mile training run tomorrow, weather permitting.  Not sure I can say I’m looking forward to covering that distance, but I’ll certainly be glad to have it done.

Have a good weekend!  Hope it includes cookies of some kind.

{Recipe here}

No comments: