Thursday, April 26, 2012

Fun in Florida {Part 1}

Luckily the weather cooperated with our plans for our first full day in Madeira Beach.  All we girls wanted to do was lay on the beach, soak up some sun, and just relax.  Our only set-in-stone plan for that day was Jenny’s birthday dinner at 7:30.

I started out the day with a 30-minute run.  It was very humid that morning, which I get used to quickly here in NC but it was a smack in the face and lungs last week.  It didn’t help that I didn’t get started until after 10:00 when it was quite warm and there was no break from the sun since I was running on the sidewalk along the road.

So what was the first thing I did when I got done running in the sun?  I changed into my bathing suit so I could spend more time in the sun, but this time I’d be laying on a towel with my book and a stack of magazines at my fingertips.  I was good and put on my sunscreen and got a little rosy in only a couple places.

Okay, enough going on and on about how I spent a lovely day resting and relaxing on the beach.  We went to Salt Rock Grill for dinner that night. 

IMG_3298

I chose it relatively randomly from the internet and kept my fingers crossed that we’d all like both the food and the atmosphere.  Check and check – we all really enjoyed our meal there. 

IMG_3295

I got the teriyaki tuna steak and the vegetable kabob and both were delicious.

IMG_3294

We asked a passerby to take a picture of our group as we left the restaurant.

IMG_3300L to R: Robin, Tonya, Kate, Jenny, me, Jenny’s mom, and Laura (Jenny’s sister)

When we got back to the condo, it was time for birthday cake!  A Carvel ice cream cake to be exact.

IMG_3301

IMG_3303

I do take a little offense over Laura’s choice of candle.

IMG_3309

And a real quick fashion note.  I got the CUTEST shoes a couple weeks ago, and I was super excited to pair them with my chili pepper-red skirt.

IMG_3312

They are wedges and the turquoise part looks kinda like dupioni silk.

IMG_3313

And the best part?  Okay, the second best part because the best part really is how adorable these shoes are.  The second best thing about them is that they’re actually comfortable.  You usually get one or the other – cute OR comfortable.  Finding a shoe that’s both isn’t something that typically happens without a LOT of looking and trying on and it normally comes with an ugly price tag.  These shoes were just meant to go home with me.  Yep, them and three of their friends. :)

So that’s our first day in Madeira Beach in a cyber nutshell.  Saturday and Sunday coming up!

No comments: